Thursday, October 20, 2011

Food Poisoning and Quitting Caffeine

To begin with, I'm addicted to caffeine. Not, "I have a little headache, I think I need to sit down" addicted. Not "I'm really craving some Coke Zero" addicted. Grouchy, throbbing head, full-body pain with aching eyes and a piss-poor disposition addicted. This is the sort of addiction that one obtains from routinely drinking two Monsters a day and then calmly chasing them down with a half-dozen Mountain Dews. 


But I'm trying to quit because I don't need the heart-attack and kidney failure that will accompany this sort of diet. So I decided I would stop drinking caffeine.


And it's Abso-Lutely. Hateful.

Now imagine being that severely uncomfortable and then layer that discomfort with a nice sprinkling of food poisoning.  

E.M. SMASH!!!

I don't think I've ever been this angry. I just want to wreck the place up. 


I tried to quench my thirst for violence with video games and Tarantino movies, but there's nothing that can be done. 

I also feel super under-productive this month. Maybe tossing something heavy and breakable over the balcony would make me feel better. Probably not. 

Any suggestions that don't include breathing fire?  




**I would have made this entry longer, but my hands are tired of typing now.

2 comments:

  1. Having been there, whatever I write will probably make you angry but I'll chance it. Lots of water, going for a walk, taking naps, weaning instead of cutting -- I switched to loose leaf teas and concentrated on the whole ceremony of steeping and pouring. Make your own Italian sodas with 2 tbsp flavored syrup and 8-12 oz club soda. Other soda options http://maryeaudet.hubpages.com/hub/Healthy-Alternatives-to-Soda Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't throw Brian over the balcony. He may not be heavy but I'd think he might break. Mom switched to minute maid lemonade and 7up. I myself drink diet squirt,vernor's ginger pop, and aquafina grape flavored water. Maybe you should just drink one Coke Zero. I'd tell you to take some Excedrin but the contains a bunch of caffeine.

    ReplyDelete